[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bolded words in text

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 16:03:26 -0800 (PST)

But we don't know when we submit or upload books whether they're going to be
converted to Daisy or not, do we? And we're supposed to keep the file as
cl;close as possible to the print book, so I'd retain italics, bold, and larger
fonts as needed--jmo.

When one is listening to a book (is that Daisy?), does one hear emphasis when a
word is italicized? Do you scanners listen when you scan? Or how do you know if
words need to be italicized? The book I'm soon to upload I have because it
needed page breaks, but as I put in the breaks I found I had to  eye-scan the
print page because there are a lot of words I found that  hadto be changed in
the file to italics. It was just accident that a sighted proofer happened to
get this file. How would a blind scanner know that a book needed a sighted
proofer to put in italics? Can the OCR be set to scan italicised words or words
with an odd font?

cindy

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: