[bksvol-discuss] Black Candle

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:33:26 -0800 (PST)

I have released Catherine Cookson's Black Candle, not
because it's in bad shape but because I have, to us a
phrase that seems to have become popular and that I
really don't much care for, too much on my plate.

The book is txt and and is rated Good, some errors,
and from the few pages that I started checking, it
seems to be in good shape. It's been on the download
list since last August.

The edition that was scanned was the large print
edition, which was the only one the scanner was able
to obtain, and it was in two volumes. However, she put
them both together, so it's only one on the download
list, and the original was only one book of 446 pages.

To quote from the cover flap, "Black Candle is an
extraordinary, sweeping, multigenerational saga ...
Set in a nineteenth-century village in the northern
England countryside so familiar to Cookson,this
heartwarming eip tale is a rich tapestry blending the
historical detail, engrossing story, and memorable
characters that reader have come to expect from this
author."

I hope someone who enjoys historical fiction will
valdiate it. It already has page breaks, at least it
did and retained them when I opened it.

http://my.yahoo.com