[bksvol-discuss] Re: Best sellers that aren't making it into the collection

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:57:42 -0600

Honestly, if you are that concerned about it, and want to read these books
so badly, you really should scan them yourself, or find somebody to do so on
your behalf.

No one stops books from becoming part of the collection because of their
subject matter. Whether or not a particular person chooses to scan and
process a given book is a matter of personal choice, but, no one is saying
that certain books are not allowed in the collection.

I'm a lesbian and a Pagan. Now, there are books on both LBGT topics, and on
the Pagan religion in the collection. Both subjects are considered
controversial. Yet, I have found that bookshare is one of the only places I
can obtain such material.

Yes. Some of it I have scanned myself. Some of it has been scanned by
others, but, the point is, no one stopped the books from being part of the
collection, because of their subject matter.

Shannon
We are wise, not because we are women, but because we seek wisdom.