[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bertrice Small books & Philippa Gregory

  • From: Shayla Parker <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:56:31 -0400

Cindy,

Is the book about Mary Boleyn "The Other Boleyn Girl"? Because if it is, I'd love it if you or somebody could scan it.
shayla

At 10:25 PM 7/1/2005, you wrote:
I'm away from home until Sunday. When I get back, I'll
check my list of her books, and add the new ones, and
check it against the ones in the collection. Then I'll
post, for anyone who's interested, the books that
aren't there.

I'm also going to check Philippa Gregory books in the
collection. I haven't read any yet, but The Other
Sister was recommened to me. I read the cover  flap,
and also the cover flap of another one, The Virgin's
Lover. They sound vergy good. They're historical
novels but unlike Small's, she bulds the story around
real people--Mary Boleyn in the first-mentioned one,
Lord Dudley and his wife (and, of course, Elizabeth I)
in the second. The flap says the second book solves
the mystery of Ann (I think that's her name ) Dudley's
death--suicide, accident or murder--based on evidence.
It will be interesting to see.

Cindy

--- Allison Mervis <allisonfm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's been snapped up already. That's including the
> ones with adult content.
> Allison

____________________________________________________ Yahoo! Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind; Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave. I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.