[bksvol-discuss] Re: Benetech official ruling on spelling mistakes

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:02:53 -0600

Hi Tony,
    I wouldn't necessarily say a few words that are misscanned is totally
violating a copyright in a haneous offense. Here's an excerpt from Peter's
msg.

Ideally, we could eliminate all OCR errors, but that's along the lines of
a practical limitation, not an attempt to modify the copyrighted work.

I would also add that any publisher who has problems with us mispelling a
few words in our attempts, can shove it. Give us an electronic copy of the
original publication for our system if you are that worried as I believe
whole heartedly they should be forced to do in some form or another...then
it will be perfect.

Just my two cents worth,
Jake
PS Yes I meant to misspell misspelling