[bksvol-discuss] Re: Benetech official ruling on spelling mistakes

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:42:57 -0800

Hi. You are wrong about dwarfs and dwarves. Tolkien and/or his publishers have somehow copyrighted the use of one or the other. Tolkien's original was dwarfs I think, so everyone else now uses dwarves. Yes, I know that you cannot copyright an individual word, so legally that wasn't it, but I do know that there is legal protection now. My point though was that who knows, when checking a scanned copy, what was intended.