[bksvol-discuss] Re: Benetech official ruling on spelling mistakes

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:04:53 -0800 (PST)

-Tony,
I know this isn't your point, but I think dwarfs is as
acceptable as dwarves these days. I found it that way
in a book recently and left it alone. Of course,
dwarfs as a verb is different from dwarfs as a noun,
but that's another mater (smile).

Also, I found out when I was correcting Englis papers
a few years back, fishes is now an acceptable plural,
whereas when I was young (many years ago) the plural
of fish was fish.  Language changes, no always for the
better, but I suppose in many cases it is toward the
more sensible.

http://mail.yahoo.com