[bksvol-discuss] Re: Beginning Volunteer Ideas

  • From: Emily Harrison <greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 20:05:05 -0500

Yes, but my point was that there are so many combinations of software access
and software knowledge, among beginning proofers and experienced proofers
alike, that it's highly unlikely that a perfect match could be made.  Maybe
Bookshare could just encourage new solo proofers to post to this list and
request the aid of a mentor or proofing-buddy.  That way, it's less work for
Bookshare proper, and new volunteers who want help can get the guidance they
need.

To be honest, if I'd signed up as a solo volunteer, I probably would have
been uncomfortable being arbitrarily assigned to someone as their proofing
pupil.  (But maybe that's just me!)  Sorry, I'm not trying to be
argumentative, just adding my thoughts!

--
Emily Harrison
greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx