[bksvol-discuss] Re: Become A Black Belt Submitter

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:00:32 -0400

Hi, Ann. I had the same problem of Openbook 7 not speaking after I
installed Kurzweil. When I tried to remove OB for a clean install, it
tried to remove Jaws. I lucked out because my computer was about to be
repaired due to a hard drive that was slowly failing. I backed up my
files and paid my tech to do a clean install of Windows on a new hard
drive. This time  I ended up installing Kurzweil first and then
installed Openbook. Openbook worked for awhile but won't scan anymore
since I installed one of the Windows updates. I can still use it to
read and convert files though. If you've got something critical that
you can't access now, email me off-list. I'd be happy to convert your
file to an rtf for you. I know what it feels like to be stranded and
unable to open the ark files.

--
Monica Willyard