[bksvol-discuss] Re: Become A Black Belt Submitter

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:23:21 -0400

Hi, Jim. Thanks for your thoughtful note. (smile) As for what Pratik
has written, I've seen his posts in the past. I lost them in a drive
crash last year. They're still in our list archives. His name is
unique, so his posts are easy to search for. I can tell you that he is
a man of many talents who can scan a can of soup and make the process
interesting. (grin) I think he has left the list due to his work load.
I hope he will come back when things are better for him. I miss his
sense of humor.

As for you, Jim, if you decide to learn to scan, you'll have lots of
support here. I've found that it really helps to work with a mentor at
first, just to learn the basics. Then you'll find your personal style,
a system that works for you best. I have watched how you work with
projects both in validating and with your approach to programming. I
think you'd be a great scanner because you're willing to experiment
and don't see mistakes as personal failures. Just like programming,
scanning is a science and and art. You can learn the science from help
files. The art takes some time and trial to make it work. I think you
have what it takes to do it, Jim. I don't want to push you. I just
want you to know that I think you can succeed.

--
Monica Willyard