[bksvol-discuss] Re: Be mindful

  • From: Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 18:33:49 -0500

Hi, Jamie. But you are willing to work on your scans and you are willing to help supply missing things if there is a problem with your scans, so I don't think you should have to label your scans as unread. I just don't think that would be fair, because as someone said before, if something is labeled as such, no matter how good it is, unless a validator sees you as the submitter and knows the quality you usually put up, scans could get ignored that way. I know everyone who participated in this thread never meant to offend anyone and I understand the purpose of the thread. When I did validate, I stumbled across some of the bad scans of which they speak so I really do understand where they're coming from, but at the same time, I also agree with those who expressed the concern that if this topic continued much longer, newer volunteers could be intimidated by the whole thing, thinking if they put up one bad scan they'd be talked about from here to Kingdom Come or something. <smile> Take care.

--
Julie Morales
I sell Avon, All Mixed Up gourmet mixes and candles and other scents from Scentsational Delights. Ask me for more specific information if you're interested! Check out my blog at themoralesfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:
Hi Monica, Julie too. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so defensive and really I wasn't upset so I didn't mean to be defensive. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have no problem admitting I do not read every word of my scans. That was the suggestion made and I think it's a fair suggestion. I opened up what must have been one of my first scans and it was atrocious. I was told by someone that the copy in the collection wasn't so great and a page was missing so I opened it to see what was up and that person was right. I fixed it and put it up as a BSO last night but I was pretty horrified at how awful it was. I hate it when I leave out a page in a scan and it happens to me from time to time but someone should have let me know so I could fix that. People shouldn't have to settle for a book with a page missing just because they can't read the print copy of the book.

Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading - Storm against the innocents : Holocaust memories and other stories / by Elly Gross
Bid, Buy or Sell on eBay! <http://www.dpbolvw.net/email-1683725-10357516>