[bksvol-discuss] Re: Bad pages in scan

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 14:01:27 -0500

The irony of that Guido, was two of the books were scanned using grayscale,
and I had to rescan and replace one page in one and replace three pages in
another.  They were both novels by the same author, and publisher, one a
hard cover the other a paperback.

I do set brightness, when using static thresholding.

It is such a dramatic change, from readable with very few errors to
something well the cat dragged across the scanner, so to speak.

I am glad I am reading the books to find these little errors, but they are
still annoying and unexpected.  Especially when I have returned the books to
the library and must go get them to rescan the proper pages.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com