[bksvol-discuss] Automatic Stripper problem

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:55:51 -0400

Hi List:

One of my books was accepted today. I downloaded the book to find out if the
chapter headings were stripped. I had skipped a couple of blank lines before
each chapter number. Sure enough, all chapter headings are gone as well as
other important headings. Apparently the trick of skipping a couple lines
before each chapter heading is not working any more, if it ever did. Does the
automatic stripper always have to be applied? Personally I always strip headers
of books that I submit or validate. Another book that I validated all the
numbers were stripped. The page numbers are important for this particular book
because it's a choose your own adventure which tells you to turn to certain
pages at different points in the story. I find it very annoying that even the
chapter headings are stripped. I can understand the titles being stripped.  In
my humble opinion, I rather have the page numbers be left in. It gives me an
idea how far I am into the book. But at least the chapter headings should
definitely be preserved. Any suggestions on how to preserve the chapter
headings?

*****
Grace

MSN: gcpires@xxxxxxxxxxx