[bksvol-discuss] Re: Auditory Processing Disorder and Reading Accessibility

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:25:18 -0700

Roger, b4 we get too exotic here, u might wish to get your ears
tested. This is often symptom #1 when people begin simply losing their
ability to hear various auditory frequencies. As we were taught in
various diagnosis classes, when u hear hoofbeats, think horses first
as opposed to zebras. Certainly losing the ability to hear certain
frequencies is considerably more common than dysphasia, aphasia,
central auditory processing disorder, etc. Rule out the common first,
then look to the less common if the more frequent stuff doesn't fit.

dysphasia &/or aphasia is also associated w/speech difficulties, so
this may or may not be applicable.

On 12/15/09, Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roger you're dysphasic like I probably that describes me too. I was
> diagnosed with dysphasia:
> Impairment of speech and verbal comprehension, especially when associated
> with brain injury. Was diagnosed with it since I was 6 years old I actually
> made a research paper for college if anyone is interested yo included Roger
> for your curiosity as well perhaps.
>
> ----------------
> "If you go without playing the trumpet for one day, no one knows, two days,
> only you know, and more than three days without practicing, girl you better
> look out, because everyone will know!"
> Today, I find myself constantly saying those words, just to get myself
> going, to not give up, and it works. Since I learned to play the trumpet at
> the tender age of 10, I have spent so much passion and much diligence with
> that instrument that I will not give up on it. Sometimes my instrument puts
> me into awkward situations where I feel like they won't ever end, but the
> trumpet gives me a lot of hope with the majestic, crystal-clear sound it
> brings to my ears.
> ----------------
> Chela Robles
> E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
> MSNWindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Skype: jazzytrumpet

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
www.abletec.serverheaven.net
Please join me Saturday, 11/7, on my walk against breast cancer by
making a donation at:
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/larkspur>