[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ascii codes for copyright sign and registered sign and how to find all ASCII codes on a Windows System

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 00:10:18 -0800

>http://www.ascii-code.com/
Also Barbara I sent directions to find symbols via MSWord, so here they are
again and hope this helps you out.
In MSWord bring up the insert menu by doing the following:
1. Within a file press the alt key and navigate to insert.
2. Navigate to Symbol and press enter and a dialog box will appear listing
all the symbols.
3. If you have eloquence, and are running JFW, eloquence will pronounce
everything correctly whereas with the neospeech will not, don't know about
the real speak solo ones, but anyway, once the dialog opens, you'll find
yourself automatically in an edit field so tab once and you'll see a list so
then you'll have to use your left and right arrow keys in conjunction with
the control key to go forward and backward from symbol to symbol.
4. Once you've put your cursor on a chosen symbol, tab until you hear insert
button or alternatively you can press Alt+I to insert the chosen symbol, so
there you have it.

----------------
"If you go without playing the trumpet for one day, no one knows, two days,
only you know, and more than three days without practicing, girl you better
look out, because everyone will know!"
Today, I find myself constantly saying those words, just to get myself going,
to not give up, and it works. Since I learned to play the trumpet at the tender
age of 10, I have spent so much passion and much diligence with that instrument
that I will not give up on it. Sometimes my instrument puts me into awkward
situations where I feel like they won't ever end, but the trumpet gives me a
lot of hope with the majestic, crystal-clear sound it brings to my ears.
----------------
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
MSNWindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: jazzytrumpet

          From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Ascii codes for copyright sign and
registered sign and how to find all ASCII codes on a Windows System
          To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 12:53 AM

          Hi Melissa!

          Thanks so much for the link to the extended ASCII table.  I put it on
my
          favorites list for future reference.

          Debby

          At 09:19 AM 12/21/2009, Melissa Smith wrote
          >For anyone who's screenreader can't read the character map, here is
a web
          >page with the ascii code chart.
          >http://www.ascii-code.com/
          >
          >Melissa
          >

          >Judy s. wrote:
          >>Hi all,
          >>
          >>The copyright symbol
          >>© is alt-0169 (alt key zero one six nine)
          >>
          >>The registered symbol
          >>® is alt-0174 (alt key zero one seven four)
          >>
          >>Remember you must use the numeric keypad to type in the numbers,
          >>or this doesn't work.
          >>
          >>I don't know if a screen reader can interpret the following
correctly so
          >>it is even usable if you're blind, but on a windows system you can
reach
          >>a utility called the "Character Map" that is built into every
Windows

                   --
          mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          --

list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.