[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ark books on download list

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 23:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

Laura Ann,

I'm glad you included my note--and maybe Monica did too and I didn't read down
to see, but I guess my first suggestions wasn't phrased positively (it was
rather late at night): "If no one who has ark is interested in converting them
to rtf and validating them..." I should, perhaps, also have suggested that the
submitter download them, reject them, and resubmit as rtf. I did, in fact,
suggest that at the end: "Or can someone at bookshare notify the submitter to
submit them as rtf? I only opened one not noticing
it was ark and the submitter had a note that it was rejected and she
didn't know why because it was perfect." Actually, what she wrote was"We got
this rejected and don't know why. The book looks completed to us."

In the meantime the books have been sitting there since Oct. 2007. They look
like good mysteries at least one of which is set in Minnesota, and I certainly
would be happy to validate them when I've finished others I'm working on or
promised to do--but I think any of our mystery-lovers would like to.

There are a couple of other Ark books that were submitted in Jan., Feb. and
April of 2008. I'll repeat my suggestion that perhaps Pavi can contact the
submitters and have them convert to rtf and resubmit--or,as I asked above, is
that not possible? Does an ark have to be validated in ark?

Cindy