[bksvol-discuss] Re: Are You Guys Getting Your "About to Expire" Notices?

  • From: Julie & Miss Mercy <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:30:09 -0500

Thanks for this. Being able to view an entire page is important to me too and that was one thing I suggested as a beta tester. My main thing wasn't with the books to be checked out as a proofreader although I can understand the importance of that too, but for me it was the list of authors when browsing. I don't know why that matters to me but it did. I liked being able to see a whole page with all the authors of a given letter, because sometimes I didn't know exactly how to spell an author's last name so I would go to the letter then look for the first name. Now I can do that but it takes a lot longer. I'm glad you're doing better after the flu too. Thanks for all you do.

Pavi Mehta wrote:

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that I notified engineering about the missing renewal notices and it’s on their list of High Priority fixes so that should be taken care of shortly.

I also made a case to them for restoring the option to view all records on a single page instead of capping it at 100, so that is on their radar as well. We definitely want to ensure that important functionality that existed on the old site is restored in the new site. Thanks for drawing attention to these issues.

Am back on my feet more or less after a bout with the flu and finally able to catch up on Bookshare correspondence – thank you all who sent your well-wishes – they definitely helped!

All good things,

Pavi

Pavi Mehta

Volunteer Coordinator, Bookshare