[bksvol-discuss] Re: Anyone Willing to Take on a Newbie?

  • From: "RJ / KJ" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:32:28 -0600

I am partially sighted and use vision. Some days are more reliable and
better than others. So I use speech more or less as my go to, for what I
really want to be sure about.

But I do understand the issue raised about how a file will "look" when
opened in their word processor or word pad.  I tend to use my K-1000, which
does use its own display settings configured by he user.

I do not think there is really any valid reason I could think of to reject a
a book due to font size.
Some one said that before.  So I think we should resolve this bit of an
issue rather quickly. Maybe someone more experienced and with more authority
might comment on this thread.

But then I also wonder if there is any reason that could be harmful if a
person changes the font style and size while validating the book.  Again,
someone more experienced and with more authority might comment on this
thread.

I have had more experience in submitting books than validating. I would try
to validate more, to help out in that way. But I do have questions, and may
periodically refer to the collective of volunteers on the list. I just read
the volunteer manual last night in fact.  It has been wonderfully revised,
as a result, I think from lots of discussion on this list.  So, may I say,
lots of you should all get a hardy pat on the back, and thanks.

Feedback that I get from the validation persons, as well as the discussion
topics on this list, when I can read them, has been extremely useful in my
own learning.  (So to you, new persons, if you can, do read this list, and
follow the threads. They will weave us all into wise ones, I'm sure.)

Thanks.
Rik