[bksvol-discuss] Another submission

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger25@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 09:47:13 -0600

I have also submitted Halfway House by Katharine Noel. As usual, it is in
.rtf format. Find the synopsis below.

One day, Angie Voorster-diligent student, all-star swimmer, and  Ivy

League-bound high school senior-dives to the bottom of a pool and stays

there. In that moment, everything the Voorster family believes they know

about each other changes. As Angie swings between manic highs and dangerous

lows, the Voorsters struggle to maintain the appearance of an ideal New
England

family. It is only when Angie is finally able to fend for herself that the
family allows

itself to fall apart and then regather in a new, fundamentally changed way.
With grace

and precision, debut novelist Katharine Noel guides us through a world where
love

is imperfect, and where longing for an imagined ideal can both destroy one
family's

happiness and offer it redemption.

Shannon
We are wise, not because we are women, but because we seek wisdom.