[bksvol-discuss] Re: An observation about synopses

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 09:13:44 -0800

Hi,
Has the short synopses been changed from 200 to 250? I hope that is true as 200 characters is hardlly enough to get the plot across.

Bud
At 02:26 AM 1/1/2009, you wrote:
Unfortunately, Julia, we're not supposed to copy the
synopses on Amazon or of any of the reviews like
Publishers' Weekly, we've been told, because they're
copyrighted. We can paraphrase them, and if Amazon or
B&N allows us to see the back cover of the book and
that has something useful, we can copy that--or
something from the book cover flaps. The long synopses
aren't as much of a problem as the short synopses
because of the limit of 250 characters in the short
synopsis.

Cindy

--- Julia <julia.kulak@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've had to make up a synopsis, I like doing that, I
> think its fun. Lately
> though, I just go to amazon and copy theirs.
> But its good to know about the back cover one, I'll
> do that if amazon
> doesn't have one. Julia

WISH LIST (CALLED REQUESTED ADDITIONS TO THE BOOKSHARE COLLECTION)IS AVAILABLE AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

Bud Schwab