[bksvol-discuss] Re: An alternative to validating fair quality submissions

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:08:53 -0800 (PST)

I think it's a good idea. It just changes the process
a bit and shortens the time involved in getting a
better copy into the collection. The present
alternative is that a validator rejects it, maybe
posts that it needs a rescan, and then someone else
may or may not rescan it and it may never get into the
collection. At the very least it would take a lot

> So here's my alternative.  If I, or any other
> scanner, obtains a copy of a
> book that is currently awaiting validation and rated
> fair, would it be
> appropriate for us to download the fair copy, reject
> it, and then upload a
> better scan of the same book?
> Thoughts?  Ideas?  No rotten tomatoes please!
> Donna

Be a better friend, newshound, and