[bksvol-discuss] Re: Am I too perfectionist?

  • From: Misha <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:20:20 -0800

Bookshare does not require page numbers, so rejecting a good scan based on that alone is not a good idea. However, you should check that the page breaks that are there correspond to the pages in the print book..A quick test of this can be done by looking at the table of contentents and counting the page breaks for the first couple chapters. If the number of page breaks corresponds to the number of pages listed in the table of contents, the scan is probably good. You didn't mention any page headers or footers, such as the book or chapter title or author's name at the same place on each page, that is another good indication the pages correspond to those of the print book.

This might be a lot of work for your first validation, but if the number of pages appears to be correct, you could put the numbers in by hand. From what has been written on this list, putting the page numbers at the top of the page is best. Put a blank line after the previous page break, the page number, then another blank line.

Misha

Tomoko Miles wrote:
    Hello, all
I downloaded this book, abnormal psychology by Richard P Halgin for validation. Who scanned I do not know again. The person said that the book was excellent scanned. I agree. However, no page number appears although page break, section break the person called were put. Therefore, when I listen to JAWS, JAWS tells me which page I read. But a sighted person said that no page number is on the screen. I think this book is a textbook so page numbers are useful information for readers. Can I reject this book, or ignore the page numbers. Am I too perfectionist?
Please tell your idea. Thank you.
Tomoko To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to