[bksvol-discuss] Altering Open Book Dictionary

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:04:32 -0500

I am using Open Book 6.0. As I scan a book I regularly do a spell check. Over time I have added an occasional word to the dictionary and then later thought better of it. Just now I did something even worse. The spell checker caught a word that I could not place, so I tried to hit the button for reading the sentence in which it occurs. Instead, I accidentally hit the button to add the word to the dictionary. It turns out that the word was a scanno. It was two words that should have been seperated by a dash. From now on if my spell checker runs across that particular scanno it will assume that it is the correct word and ignore it. That mistake does not belong in my Open Book dictionary. Does anyone know how to delete mistakes like that from the dictionary short of reinstalling the entire software?

"Everything must justify its existence before the judgment seat of Reason, or give up existence." - Friedrich Engels

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com