[bksvol-discuss] Re: Advice needed.

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:12:05 -0700

Hi, I think I'd be interested in doing something with regard to cookbooks,
glossaries, dictionaries, etc. if I can get a lot of help with it. I'm
wondering if this sort of thing can be done with more proofreaders simply to
combat the possible boredom factor. Doing such work requires a meticulous
attention to detail that the brain could zone out. Could it be done as a sort
of relay so that it can be a team effort where somebody does the A's and B's,
or however much one person feels capable of handling, then it gets passed on to
the next person. I don't know if this is feasible, but this is what I've been
thinking about with regard to such projects. One wants to minimize the tendency
to burn out or become bored, plus there must be a way to make sure what is
being sent in is accurate and readable. Regards, Kim Friedman.