[bksvol-discuss] Re: Adult rating

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:00:32 -0500

I suggest we use the categories used in Web Braille without abbreviations.
 I have a hard time with abreviations and only the 'in' crowd would
understand them.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"robert tweedy" <rtweedy2@xxxxxxx>
06/07/2004 11:35 AM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Adult rating

Do you all think it would be a good idea to put in the letters for content
like s.s.l for some strong language or s.d.s for well you get the point. I
know a lot of us are used to that on the talking program but in the word
of books there isn't anything like that. Maybe it would be a good idea to
take a survey to see what people think whether they care what content is
put in the book or just leave it alone. It doesn't matter to me, if I like
the plot then the heck with what is in it. If filters are set for children
or those that don't like adult content, I don't think anyone would be
offended.