[bksvol-discuss] Re: Adult rating

  • From: "Donna Goodin" <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:12:14 -0400

Hi all,

For what it's worth, I agree.  I've never been comfortable giving something
an adult content lable, because it means cutting off accesss.  If we simply
label a text "strong language" or "explicit descriptions of sex" as is done
on Web-Braille, then the reader can decide for him/herself whether they want
to read the book.  This may mean closer parental supervision, but that's
what being a parent is about, right?
Best,
Donna.