[bksvol-discuss] Re: Admin: giant book upload failed

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:16:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tracy,

If all else fails, you can email me the zipped book and I'll try to upload it
at the office, where it should be very fast since it's on the same network.  If
you change your Bookshare password to something else temporarily, give the new
password to me so I can upload the book in your name, then change your password
back to what it was originally, that should provide some measure of security,
if you're worried about that sort of thing (some people are, some people
aren't).

Just an option for you to consider, Carrie

Tracy Carcione <carcione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry to put this on the list, but I'm not sure which Admin guy can help
me. I am trying to upload "Biology, Third Edition" (formerly "Hold for
Peggy, Biology"), and it won't go. It is gigantic--more than 3M, zipped.
I tried the upload around 8:15 AM, EST, from my work connection, which is
the fastest connection I have, and it still won't go. What can I do?
Please don't ask me to try it at midnight, because my home connection is
dial-up, and I strongly suspect it would time-out before the job got done.
Help!
Tracy

http://mail.yahoo.com