[bksvol-discuss] Re: Address for donating books

Hi Jane,
Many Bookshare volunteers scan books that they borrow from their local
libraries. With most types of bindings it is possible to get a good scan
without damaging the book's spine. Other people look for ways to find cheap
used books, like from garage sales etc. I like to mention Bookshare to my
friends and relatives--sometimes they have books that they wouldn't mind
lending. I've borrowed a few books from my mom, and one of these days I'm
going to raid my grandma's shelves--she and I both like some of the older
mystery series. I'm still working my way through the boxes of children's
books left over from when I was little. Chapter books are usually fairly
easy scans, and lots of people have tons of them left when their kids grow
up.

You've probably thought of all this stuff before, but if not I hope it
helps,
Kellie