[bksvol-discuss] Accessing Adult-rated books; was Ann Coulter Books

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:56:46 -0800 (PST)

Kelby, Maybe your parents can sign something and give
you permission to access adult-content books if
they're willing. Check with support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've looked and looked and can't find anything, but I
haven't looked at the membership application for under
18; maybe there's something on it that a parent can
check that will delimit you.

Gary (and Kelby) I've learned to log in every single
time I search. That way I don't miss the adult-rated
books. Those ratings are odd, because the criteria,
though not vague, are looser than some people would
like or consider and so some books are rated Adult
that others wouldn't think should be.

G.Cindy

--- kelby carlson <kelbycarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh, NOW I see the problem.  SOMEONE has apparently
> categorized
> both Godless and Slander as "adult content".
> Honestly, I really
> think Bookshare just needs to discard that system
> entirely.
> There are so many books on Bookshare that obviously
> contain adult
> content that I, who am under 18, can read.  While
> the ones that
> generally contain adult content are often
> mislabelled.  (Dragons
> of a Vanished Noon is an example from awhile back
> that I could
> name.)
>
> Kelby
>
> Doomed Dragon
>
> Q: What is the sound of one hand clapping?
>
> A: It is the universe exploding.
>
> "It is not what we see that determines who we are.
> It is how we
> choose to see it."
>
> "Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name
> alone is
> exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the
> heavens."
>
> Psalm 148:13
>
> Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee
> from your
> presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
> if I make my
> bed in the depths, you are there.  If I rise on the
> wings of the
> dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even
> there your
> hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me
> fast.
>
> Psalm 139:7-10
>

> --- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! --
> http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---