[bksvol-discuss] Re: Accent marks

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 16:41:05 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, apparently as Kim  also found out (below Sandi's message, traème is the
French word for the 2-dot accent mark we call an umlaut. That explains why I
found naive spelled that way when I googled; I was very confused and thought
maybe I'd been misled by a Wikipedia mistake. But once certainly can't argue
with Oxford and
Meriam-Webster. I learnnew things every day (naif a9noun, but apparently also
an adjective according to something I found on line) is spelled he same way.
Who knew. smile

>________________________________

Meriam-Webster report it as an umlaut i, and one of them claims that it's the
french spelling.
>When I've checked in a book where the word was
used, it was the i with the two dots above it.
>Never took french myself, just German and Latin and
slept through both. <sigh>

      of accent mark is alt 0237? Is it that I umlaut or
      Please write back and let me know. Regards,
      Kim

      pad, make sure numlock is turned on. Hold
      the following numbers: 0237.
      http://usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes/accents-alt-codes.php

      02-Jun-12 01:01, Kim Friedman wrote:
> [...]
      mark on the computer for the I in the
      done for literary Braille, but I have no
      to be printed. I could sure use help with this.

      Friedman.

      Email to

      put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a