[bksvol-discuss] Re: About Kurzweil

  • From: "Kaitlyn" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:02:17 -0800

HI Monica,

When I started looking at OCR packages a year or so ago I was told by a good
friend and high end computer user I would probably like K1000 over open
book. He felt it could do much more. When I spoke with some folks at the
commission they said they usually suggest OpenBook but felt K1000 was good
and if I preferred it they would get that for me.

I haven't used OpenBook but have been pleased with K1000. Features I find
extremely nice are rank spelling. Being able to get a list of miss spelled
words and go through and make corrections from the dialog or go from one to
the next occurrence with a key stroke.

The option now to have two dictionaries and a simple key stroke to look up
words.

The ability to save images while scanning which allows me to change the OCR
engine to re-recognize pages while reading to increase accuracy.

Again, I haven't used Openbook but these are some of the features I use
regularly when scanning and reading.

Katie Hill
No one is given a dream without also being given the power to make it come
true