[bksvol-discuss] A really messy index

  • From: "Norma A. Boge" <naboge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 20:47:23 -0500

Hi everyone,

I'm proofing a book whose index didn't scan well at all. It's hard to describe, so here's a small sample:

Advocate, 124, 220, 259 Baez, Joan, 151
African-Americans. See also black church; Bailey, Michael, 234, 235-36
radio stations, black Baker, Gilbert, 135
Castro gay culture and, 130-33 Baker, Josephine, 8, 58, 67, 68, 90, 128
disco roots and, 137, 185, 186 Baldwin, James, 19, 20, 160
racism and, 37, 187-88 Balls, Cleola, 5, 6

I started to manually put the items into one column, but this takes a lot of time. Plus, some of the items are just impossible for me to decipher. So, I am wondering what I should do with this.

Thanks,
Norma