[bksvol-discuss] Re: A question on tables

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 07:18:25 -0700

HI Rik,

    Generally, tables of contents do not need to be tables, and actually
work better as text, with each chapter and page number on a line together.

    However, there are times when tables are clearer than converting to
text.

    Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what you are asking.  So, as a
general rule, if the information in the table is clearly understandable as
such, leave it alone.  If not, I'd convert the table to text and try to make
it as sensible as possible.

I know that probably doesn't answer your question well, but that's the best
I can do.  As for creating tables properly, I can't remember the proper
settings in K1000 to make sure this happens, but know that the user's manual
will tell you.  I had to read it myself last time that I had to process a
table.

Sorry I haven't been more helpful.

Mayrie

  _____