[bksvol-discuss] Re: A question about picture captions

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:28:26 -0800 (PST)

Interesting, what your friend told you.

I used to use brackets all the time to describe
illustrations. I didn't know they didn't show up in
Braille. Recently, though, I think because someone who
listens said it was annoying, I haven't been adding
them. I just write Illustration: and then the
description. I do put it in a smaller font, though, or
italics, which is probably unecessary because people
who use Braille or who listen to the books probably
don't know the difference, but maybe for other kinds
of members its useful.

Cindy