[bksvol-discuss] A Test forr Smart quotes?

  • From: "NANCY M HILL" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 20:26:57 -0400

Is there any way by scanning the first few pages of a book to discover if it has regular or smart quotes?

1. How would we do that
2. Would the type of quotes used in a book remain stable, or fluctuate for some whim or another?

I'm thinking if doing the test for smart quotes can be done at the beginning of a scan, sort of like pre scan prepping, then we could just go ahead and do it and get it out of our hair....or scan as the case may be.

Nancy

girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx