[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Request for Fewer Off-Topic Messages

  • From: "Christina" <greensleeves1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:06:30 -0400

I feel the same way about not responding to Happy Birthday messages so I throw
my replies in there too.
Christina

          From: Emily Harrison <greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx>
          Subject: [bksvol-discuss] A Request for Fewer Off-Topic Messages
          To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Saturday, April 10, 2010, 4:16 PM

          Hi everyone,

          I would like to politely request a lessening of the off-topic
discussion on this list.  I joined this list in order to keep in step with the
evolving nature of volunteering for Bookshare.  I completely understand and
appreciate that off-topic discussion helps bring a volunteer community closer,
but I am finding it very difficult to keep up with the posts actually related
to volunteering lately, as there are so many completely unrelated messages
mixed in.  A multitude of other online venues exist where it is more
appropriate to chat about holidays, musicians, birthdays, politics and other
such subjects, but this list is pretty much the only place to chat about
volunteering for Bookshare.  In the interest of continuing to make volunteering
the great experience it is, I hope that most of the off-topic discussion here
can be posted elsewhere.  I am not trying to point fingers or be a downer, nor
am I asking for a removal of all off-topic discussion, but the sheer volume of
off-topic posts lately has simply been overwhelming.  Thanks for reading!

          --
          Emily Harrison
          greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx