[bksvol-discuss] A Request for Fewer Off-Topic Messages

  • From: Emily Harrison <greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:16:13 -0500

Hi everyone,

I would like to politely request a lessening of the off-topic discussion on
this list.  I joined this list in order to keep in step with the evolving
nature of volunteering for Bookshare.  I completely understand and
appreciate that off-topic discussion helps bring a volunteer community
closer, but I am finding it very difficult to keep up with the posts
actually related to volunteering lately, as there are so many completely
unrelated messages mixed in.  A multitude of other online venues exist where
it is more appropriate to chat about holidays, musicians, birthdays,
politics and other such subjects, but this list is pretty much the only
place to chat about volunteering for Bookshare.  In the interest of
continuing to make volunteering the great experience it is, I hope that most
of the off-topic discussion here can be posted elsewhere.  I am not trying
to point fingers or be a downer, nor am I asking for a removal of all
off-topic discussion, but the sheer volume of off-topic posts lately has
simply been overwhelming.  Thanks for reading!

--
Emily Harrison
greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx