[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Proposal For A Quality Solution

  • From: "Cindy Ray" <cindyray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 21:08:20 -0600

Yeah, but didn't Jamie say that the "fair" isn't up there anymore? I
haven't looked. So it would have to be "good", and I don't think
"good" is "good" enough unless there is a higher standard for it than
what I'e seen.

As for older technology: I for one can sort of see the point. My old
Ruby, though, has a lot of weird placement of words. I would actually
have to hire a reader to straighten out the books if I scanned books
with it. This would not be an option. I don't scan with it these days,
and maybe there was an update someplace along the line I did not get
(it was 1994 vintage), but I can see the point about the
discrimination against those using older technology. At the same time,
though, not only are people expecting quality from Bookshare, they are
paying for it. Though the price is not all that high, it is still a
price and deserves quality. And if someone is having good luck with
the older technology and producing quality scans, that's a good thing.
I have no problem with using it.

Cindy Lou Ray. Each day is a new adventure.