[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Gentle Reminder

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 22:25:15 -0600

Hi Valerie,

This topic comes up every few months, and the answer is that books are held until the person who they are being held for releases them, or someone asks Pavi or Carrie if they can be released and it turns out they can be.

So if anyone has their eye on a particular book that they feel has been on hold too long, I'd suggest they contact Pavi or Carrie directly and ask about it. Most times, there are pretty good reasons a book stays on hold for a super long time. smile.

Judy s.

Valerie Maples wrote:
Dear Monica;

Is there a protocol for addressing the length of time books are held? It seems to me that if a certain amount of time has passed, say over 90 days, unless the intended person has spoken up as to why they cannot get to it, it should be fair game again.