[bksvol-discuss] A Christmas Visitor and mysterious missing letters

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:04:37 -0500

Dear Shelley, and Kindly Jaws users

There should be one copy of A Christmas Visitor in the collection. When uploading it I accidentally gave the tools the path to the original scan instead of the validated one.The staff arranged for me to upload it correctly. which improved the book's rating from good to excellent. When I did,putting the validated file in, my jaws was malfunctioning pronouncing all of the letters I was typing but leaving out several characters so there were several mistakes in the uploading form. . Then the staff kindly agreed to make the necessary corrections on my uploading form.

My computer is doing quirky things when I'm on line. When I fill out forms, though jaws is speaking the letters I type correctly, many letters and spaces are missing in the form. I've discovered that if I type v - e - r - y slowly, these omissions don't occur.

Another problem that's turned up on line is that jaws says combo box for a combo box, but when I arrow down, it keeps saying combo box instead of reading the highlighted line.

In Outlook Express and while validating, I can type as fast as I like, and all of the characters appear as they should.

Disk clean up and defragging haven't helped.

I'm using Jaws 7 and internet explorer 7.

I'd appreciate suggestions on how I can restore Jaws' reliability. Maybe my next step should be to contact Freedom Scientific.

Thanks in advance.

Always with love,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>