From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Cindy
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:00 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: A Big Oops

Boy these things work fast--too fast. They don't allow
us to correct slips of the finger. I apologize for the
previous mail when went out with nothing.

Monica,

If the quotations are on the book jacket themselves,
it's o.k., as I understand it. Probably Amazon took
the synopsis from the book jacket rather than the
other way around.

I've used partial qquotes from Publishers' Weekly and
Library Journal that have been in my libary online
catalogs for synopses, but I do attribute the quotes
to the source  and put the lines that I use in
quotation marks. I don't use ones from Amazon per se,
but I don't believe that the readers' summaries are
copyrighted. I don't think I've used any, just because
I haven't had to, but I would think it would be all
right if you put the info into your own words or if
you quote and cite the source.

Cindy