[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Backward Step for Proofreaders?

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:58:58 -0800

Evan, I absolutely agree with your concerns.

Last evening I "checked in" a book I had finished validating (proofreading) and
did not get the error rating that used to appear, any information about adult
content or acknowledgment that the book had been added to the admin cue and no
thanks for my work.  Like Lissi, the only way I could tell that the book had
gone somewhere was the fact that I had one fewer books in my checked out books.

This morning before checking email, I attempted to look at the admin cue to see
if the books were there.  I found a link for checking the admin cue, and then
entered on a link which said, "Skip to 1-5 of five selections or somthing to
that affect, but the five books in the admin never appeared on my screen.

The only way I now know that the book was accepted into the collection is
receiving the email from bookshare and seeing the book listed on Grandma
Cindy's list.  I find this change in the site to be a definite step back.

Cat Lover Lori