[bksvol-discuss] Re: 550 books in the download queue

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:02:54 -0400

In the case of pictures, I delete the junk characters, as well, they aren't
part of the original book.  Junk Characters don't belong, and by rights OCr
software deletes the pictures anyway.

I do add descriptions, especially if the book needs them like Through Otis's
Eyes and Bailey Bymyside both by Patricia Berlin Kennedy, these books would
have no point if you just got the text.  Am I violating the copyright
probably not.  Am I describing what is there yes.  This is a practice done
in a lot of books by NLS as well.

I will also label a caption as a Caption:: as this way it is separated out
from the text surrounding it, and things get quite nice and neat as far as
reading the book.  Sighted people can  just skip over the caption, isn't it
nice, that with a label blind or print disabled people can too.

J.M.O. but stuff I do in nonfiction books.  And of course these little
modifications increase the books value and rating.

I validated one of your Ken, like this.

Darwin in 90 minutes.  Taking out the picture junk and putting Caption: in
front of picture titles.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council