[bksvol-discuss] Re: 2 questions for the gang

Hi Gwen. I just now saw this email, I'm glad that you can proofread for bookshare, the more the merrier. It takes all kinds of people to proof, and your work is appreciated.

Julia
----- Original Message ----- From: "gwen tweedy" <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 6:42 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: 2 questions for the gang

Any time I see a steeple hill or a heart song in the front I am comforted to know they will be OK for me. Lately I have proofed other types of books and even romances as well, I think of it as a help for folks and think of it as the overall picture in providing for the bigger picture our wonderful bookshare. I have to be honest, I don't particularly like everything I have proofed and yes as dorky as it will sound to some, have felt some guilt for them, but then I think of hey it helps get them up there for those who joy in those types of books, because not everybody is as picky as I am LOL. And when the choice of scanning is taken away through health reasons you deal the hands you are given and be glad about it. I enjoy proofing it seems to be more my line I seem not to mess up as bad on that as when I tried to scan, but I have to qualify that in that, I'm not the smartest cookie in the jar, and I know very little, so have to do what I can do comfortably so that too, limits me in the books I can, and cannot do. When I first came to volunteering I was so excited, in that, I thought I'm gonna help out, I can put books up that I just love love, well as you know that did not happen for me, so I have to move on and do what I can, and when I can to help yall out. And I am blessed that when I read then, I can truly exercise my real choices and truly read things I enjoy and that tempers the things that I might not like so well to do, and each causes me to grow and for me that is a good thing. Some would say, I am my own worst enemy by being so narrow it's OK, I make it and help and try to go beyond myself and those are the main things for me. I'll be quiet now, have a marvelous day happy proofing and scanning and reading to all.
tight hugs to all,
Gwen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>