[bksvol-discuss] Re: 2 questions for the gang

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:22:25 -0800

Well I understand where you're coming from, Gwen, but I think it's my job to
read every single word of the text if for no other reason than for the sake
of accuracy. I've been fortunate that I've liked everything I've proofread,
though one of them was extremely dark and the language, though nasty, was
realistic. Let's face it, you're not going to hear a thug using polite
language. I think if you don't care for a book and can't read every word to
check for accuracy, then don't put yourself through this distasteful
experience and proofread what you do like. If you can turn off the "ick"
factor (for lack of a better word) then read what you like and no harm done.
Regards, Kim.