[bksvol-discuss] 101 words and how they began
- From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 17:11:29 -0800 (PST)
I just submitted a children's non fiction book: 101 words and how they began by Arthur Steckler. The words we use have come from many different sources. Some of them came from languages thousands of years old. Others came from some of the almost three thousand different languages that are spoken today around the world. Some words came to us from slang, others from the Bible or from science. Some came from the initials of other words. This book presents the origins of 101 words categorized under people; animals; things that grow; things we eat, drink, wear, ride, use, and enjoy; and other things. Jamie in Michigan To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line. To get a list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject line.
Other related posts:
- » [bksvol-discuss] 101 words and how they began
- » [bksvol-discuss] Re: 101 words and how they began