[bks-img-desc] From the Bookshare Image Description Discussion List

  • From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bks-img-desc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bks-img-desc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 07:31:48 -0700

Image Description Volunteers,

The new Bookshare Image Description Discussion List is up and functioning.
Already several books have almost all their images tagged. (You have done over
2,000!) One of these also has all its image descriptions complete as well.
Great work.

As we enter the weekend people have been asking for new books where they can
tag images as "Needs description." Attached is the list to work from.

Remember that our first pass is to mark each image as requiring a description
or not. The attached protocols are designed to help you make that decision.

Email me when you have completed tagging a book's images. Then I can promote it
for volunteers to do image description on.

Keep in mind that brevity is important in descriptions.

Scott Rains