[bitlug] Re: talk

  • From: Peeyush Prasad <peeyush@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:19:27 +0530 (IST)

ok list, was really tied up during the weekend,hence the late reply...
 TC, I still prefer the BFS method, where we touch upon various topics,
and go into details later.ppl can read up on things introduced, and
we'll have better interaction. Also, I think we can reorder the
topics..So,
1. Feel the Intro stuff should be given min. time ... abt 10 mins max.
 Can split the talk into tracks, like :
2. Getting raw data to PC
    Harddisk basics
    hdd-os interaction
3. Managing data
    on Hdd (filesystems)
    on OS  (VFS)
4. User interface
    C api
    Linux syscalls
5. Efficiency considerations(Advanced)
    What filesystem, what layout etc.
    FS buffering issues

We can cover #2,3,4 in one talk, and then move into specifics from the
next talk onwards... #5 ... We might have to call someone more experienced
than us!
-- P

P.S am sending this on the alumni list for opinions...