[bitlug] Re: mplayer full screen

  • From: Pavan Chandrashekar - Sun Microsystems <Pavan.Chandrashekar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:39:28 +0530

Deepan wrote:
Hi All,
I am running Fedora core 7. When I play movies
with mplayer, it does not play in full screen.
Even if I press f for full screen, it plays the
movie only in the center portion of the screen.  I
also tried mplayer -vo xv movie.avi .. It plays in
full screen, but dies after sometime saying my
system is too slow. I guess is  has some thing to
do with the video cards.. is there a fix ?<br>
Regards
Deepan

mplayer -fs should probably work.
You should try it with different -vo options.
There are a whole bunch of them - gl, x11, xv, ...

"man mplayer" should give you the other video output drivers that you can try.

~p

Facebook Sudoku Solver:
http://apps.facebook.com/sudokusolver/ Sudoku Solver: http://www.sudoku-solver.net/ Home Page: http://www.codeshepherd/