[bitlug] linux 0.01

  • From: Peeyush Prasad <peeyush@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:00:52 +0530 (IST)

ok, point noted from TC's mail... I tend to agree with him on the need to
maintain a good threading order... easier to delete whole threads that
way!!
 coming to the point, for the new comers,Karthik wants to modify the
linux 0.01 kernel with some additions of his own and get it up and running..
 The kernel code is available from
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/Historic/
 and also from the CD accompanying the linux kernel internals book (Beck)
He also found a site which gives a commentary on the kernel code, from
http://pramode.net/
 and his latest attempts are to get the kernel to boot on his >i386 m/c.

K, wrt my efforts, I am in the process of getting a working linux setup at
home (yeah, I didn't have onw at home, was dependent on knoppix!!),
although I do recall linus mentioning in the README along with the srcs
that he is supplying a compiled bash and some other stuff...
 you will have to give me a coupla days before I get up to speed on this.
-- P